Skip to main content
Hide Articles List

14 articles on this Page

SMOKING IN BED DANGERS*

News
Cite
Share

SMOKING IN BED DANGERS* Smoking a cigarette in bed_ it k alleged, caused the deaths of two labourers, James Elliott, twenty-seven, and Enoch SuLeliffe, twenty-nine, at Sabden, Lancashire. They went to bed on Saturday night, and off v-' Sunday morning the occupier of the li,)tise where they lodged was awakened by the sine 11 of «moke. Going to the room, he found Elliott'* bed on tire, and both men were lying as if asleep. He opened the windows and tried to' rouse them. They did not respond, and v policeman was called, who tried artificial respi- ration without success. It was found that both men had died frofflt asphyxiation, aud a half-smoked cigarette waff found near the bed. Usually two IiJOre mew sleep in the room, but they were away tor t-fiel week-end.

Advertising

EPITOME OF NEWS. ..

'OUR LONCON LETTER.

I AIRSHIP FOR THE NATION.

CHARING CROSS BANK.

COMPENSATION FOR CANCER.

. FORGOTTEN BANNS.

Advertising

WARM WELCOME AT CAPE TOWN.

SMART RAILWAY FRAUD.

SCALDED TO DEATH.

LADYS COAT FOR A SHILLING.

[No title]