Hide Articles List

17 articles on this Page

MUNICIPAL ELECTION.

BURNING FATALITY AT LLANELLY.

News
Cite
Share

BURNING FATALITY AT LLAN- ELLY. INQUEST ON THE BODY. I An inquiry was held on Saturday last at the Smith's Arms, before the coroner (Mr. W. Buckley Roderick), touching the death of G. Richards, son of J. Richards 16Dolau-fawr. It appears that the deceased was left in the kitchen on Thurs- day morning. He got too near the fire, and his night-shirt igniting, he was severely burnt about the body, which caused his death a day later. S. Richards, mother of deceased, sworn, said that on Thursday last she left deceased standing on a box, at the table in the kitchen, eating his breakfast, while she went upstairs. She left him With his brother, and her sister. There was a Sfnall fire in the grate just lit. There was no wood the fire. She was upstairs for about ten minute^ She heard a scream and ran down-stairs and the deceased came towards her when she reach- ed the kitchen. His flannel night shirt (which was all he had on), was in flames, 11p to his neck. She wrapped her apron round him ancl extinguished the flames. She then took the lght shirt off and applied olive oil to the burns. b he noticed that the front part of her body was burnt. She saw no one in the kitchen when she S°t downstairs. There was no guard in front of the fire. There was an ordinary kitchen fire in ?ont of the grate. There was nothing cooking or btOlhng over the fire. The box she left the deceased ending on was about a yard from the fire. She Sl1t for a doctor, who arrived before 10 o'clock. She carried out the instructions of the doctor, who called in occasionally. John Richards, brother of the deceased, sworn, Said that he remembered the deceased standing ? a. box in the kitchen and his mother going up- • tairs on Thursday last. He stopped in the kitchen (¡l' three or four minutes, then went out to the S?-den. When he went out, deceased was still ending on the box. He did not see the deceased ?Iterwards until he had been burnt. lodwen Richards, sister of the deceased, sworn, "? that she saw the deceased get up on the fender ni then saw his nightshirt burning. t Dr. Edgar Davies, sworn, said that he was called Ittela(-I"ihe deceased shortly before 10 o'clock on ?"rsday morning. He found him very Lapsed, and suering from a severe burn on the ^st' and extending over the stomach and both je°S P? of ? arm- Oil had been put on the lnirns before he arrived. He treated the deceased 1,"?? ?"? gave instructions as to the course to ?toUowed. He called again in the afternoon ?. en the deceased bad recovered a little from the II °\. The proper treatment had been followed. He"r'd not see the deceased after that, as he re- e JVe" notice the following day that the deceased (1" 'I, In his opinion, death was due to the bu jns and shock resultinp' therefrom. J\ verdict of accidental death was returned.

:BOARD OF GUARDIANS I -

ALLEGED BREACH OF THE LICENSING…

THE HEALTH OF THE PEOPLE

TO OUR CORRESPONDENTS.I

RAILWAY PLATFORM.

SANITARY COMMITTEE

HIGH W AY COMMITTEE •»I

I IN AID OF MR. BEN JENKINS.

PORTREEVE OF LAUGHARNE.I

LEAVING THE OLD COUNTRY.I

THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF THE COUNCIL.

WELSH CONGREGATIONAL COLLEGES.

A DANGEROUS PRACTICE. I

THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION,…

MISSIONARY MEETING AT ZION…