Hide Articles List

8 articles on this Page



NOTES ON FOOTBALL. BY VETERAN] in the Shropshire and District League Newtown had to be satisfied with one point, and that, too, at home. This is certainly better than defeat, but the home team may consider themselves fortunate in obtaining this result, for towards the end they were outplayed by Newport, and if the forwards, particularly Amos, had taken advantage of the chances given the visitors would have been winners. Although Newtown got two goals in the fiist half up the hill, they did not have much, if any, the best of the play. Newport got down to goal many times, and put in some stiff shets. A little more coolness in front of it, and the teams would in all probability have crossed over on equal terms. During the first half A. W. Pryce-Jonesand Parry showed up very prominently, especially the former, who made several clever and good runs. What little W. E. Pryce-Jones and King had to rlo was done well, but all through this part of the game the right wing was fed very badly. H. F. Mytton, during the first half, played & verv tine game at centre half. and is the best man Newtown have had in this position for some time. He passed very judiciously at times, and his dodging of the half-backs was one of the features of the match. He showed his dodging powers to perfection when he got his first goal, and although the shot which scored was not a very brilliant oue he deserved all the applause he obtained for his clever play. His shot which scored the second goal was a grand one, and it was steered like lightning, well out of the goalkeeper's reach. For a man who probably had never played as centre forward before he did wonderfully well. At times he was a little slow in following up the wings, and thus could not take full advantage of the good shots sent across goal by W. E. Prvce- Jones and his brother. In the opinion of many good judges of the game he will train on and make quite a first-rate, centre forward, as he has good speed and any amount of pluck. Worthen was the best of the half-back trio. Chapman was quite out of form, but both of these used their hands too much in pushing. Dick Jones played a very fine game at times, but should not use his strength so much against his opponents, and although he has a, good baritone voice it would be better if he did not use it quite so frequently. The less talking there is on the field the better. Hamer and Savage defended very well at times, but both occasionally missed their kicks and were lacking in judgment when pressed. Edwards at times saved marvellously, but on the whole his goalkeeping was poor. Three or four times he very unwisely rushed out and left the goal at the mercy of his opposing forwards. On Saturday they did not take advantage of thiu, but against smart forwards, like those of St George's, Shrewsbury, or Oswestry, this would never do. The visitors played a surprising, good game all through, and in the second half, with the hill and two goals staring them in the face, they did not lose heart for a moment. Hallderan and Amos on the left wing were more than a match for the defence on that wing, and time after time they made tracks for the top goal at a great speed. The right wing was nearly as good, and the centre kept well up with them. Almost before the home team were aware of their danger Amos scored from one of the dashes on the left wing with a grand shot. Not long after- wards Ward got an equally good goal by steering the ball through quite a number of legs. Notwith- standing the frantic cries of the spectators, who cheered the home team on in a rare good old fashioned form, the Newport men rather more than held their own to the end. Bennion and Smallman defended nobly and the latter proved himself quite & champion. No better back play than his has been seen on the ground for a long time. The goal- keeper, though only a reserve man, played with rare coolness and nerve, and the half-backs never flagged. The Newport men quite deserved the point they gained, and Newtown will not be the only team to find them a tough lot of customers. I have known the Newport team for many years, and I never saw them play so sound a game as they did on Saturday. The spectators behaved splendidly, and most impartially cheered the good play of the visitors. The gate was a very fair one, and it would have been better if quite a comfortable little party had not utilised the important building at the bottom of the field as a grand stand, and from which position they had a good and cheap view of the game. Probably, however, it was not the game that interested them, bat, with tearful and eager eyes (I am not sure about the first adjective but the second is all right), they surveyed in sadness the frivolous follies of sinful youth. The genial president of the Welsh Association, Mr. Pattison, was present, and quite enjoyed the game. He took great interest in the play and was not long in spotting out all the good points made by either side. Shrewsbury, with rather a weak team, also had to put up with a draw with Whitchurch. The latter have strengthened their team considerably, and on their own ground play a good strong game, so that the performance of Shrewsbury was very credit- able. Oswestry had not a League match on on Saturday, but had a good practice game with Chirk. They were no match for the clever Chirk team, whose short and good passing upset all their com- bination. They received a heavy drubbing, but ought to benefit from the lesson taught them. At present the passing is weak and spasmodic, and nothing like up to the standard of Chirk. Indeed, the Chirk passing and forward play, in the opinion of Mr. Pattison, and other good judges of the game, will bear comparison with that of any shown by the First Class League teams. Thev often fail, though, in front of goal, and much of their skill is thus thrown awav. Three of the other clubs in the Shropshire League were engaged in the 1st round of the Birmingham benior Cup (qualifying series). In this round our friends came out with flying colours. St. George's made no mistake with their opponents—Old Hill Wanderers, and won well by 3 to 1. Ironbridge met Halesowen, and a grandly contested game ened in a draw of 2 goals each. On extra time being played the Men of Iron put on one needful point and won. Wellington had a good team from Stourbndge to meet, and the game was a regular fight for supremacy all through. At half-time the scoring was equal-1 goal each, and the second half also resulted in a. tie of 2 goals each. Welshpool have started the season well with a good victory over Oswestry St. George's of 6 to 1 The new blood m the team is of the right sort and I think the results at the end of the season will be very favourable. H. Davies had the misfortune to hurt his knee, an old offender, and I am afraid will not be of service for some time. Some good practice matches are sadly wanted if the players wish to emerge successfully from the 1st round of of the Welsh Junior Cup tie. I see they are drawn against Caersws, and the latter last year proved themselves no mean exponents of the game. Thev will take a lot of beating on their own ground. The other clubs in this division—Newtown Reserve and Royal Welsh Warehouse, have also to go from 'home, and both have stiff battles before them. Like free and enlightened electors they must at once organise and prepare for the fray. The match on Thursday between Guilsfield and Welshpool was an exceedingly pleasant one, and during the first half capitally contested. The score at half-time was one goal each, and this just repre- sented the play. In the second half Guilstield proved the better men and pressed continually, when time arrived Guilsfield were the winners by 5 to 1. For Welshpool Evans played a very fine game at centre, but in my opinion he would do better at centre half. He is tricky and speedy and has pluck for anything. The two backs were very good, and the goalkeeping of the veteran Dick Evans was very fine and he was not to blame for the goals counted against him. The wings of Welshpool were very weak at times. The same re- marks apply to the outside right of Guilsfield. G. H. Mytton and his brother were a tower of strength to Guilsfield in the attacking department, and once they got well on the ball there was no stopping them—4 out of the 5 goals fell to them, and they were all fine ones. The half-backs and backs were on the whole safe, though they occasionally missed. Peate in goal kept his charge well. ° In 1st Class League matches two of the leaders came down croppers. Stoke have always proved a stumbling block to good teams on their own ground, and on Saturday the proud Villans had to bite the dust to the tune of 3 to 0. Poor Villa. The Championship is getting towards a vanishing point, as far as they are concerned. Sunderland found that most inconsistent team, Bolton Wanderers, in a fighting mood, and had to retire with their first defeat, and a heavy one too, of 4 to 1 against them. The Wolves are improving', and gained two points from the new and unfortunate importation into the 1st League-Liverpool. The Shropshire and District League clubs occupy the following positions up to and including Sept. ZVth. Played Won Lost Drn For AnstPts Shrewsbury 4 3 0 1 15 5 7 St. (,eorge's 3 3 0 0 14 4 6 Oswestry United 3 3 0 0 15 5 6 Wrockwardine Wood. 4 2 2 0 4 8 4 Wellington Town 4 1 2 1 9 13 3 .N-ewtown 4 1 2 1 10 11 3 Hereford. 2 0 1 1 4 5 1 Whitchurch 3 0 2 1 5 10 1 Newport 4 0 3 1 4 14 1 Ironbridge 1 0 1 0 2 7 0 The results up to the 29th are as follows:— Name Goals Played Won Drn Lost F'r Ag. Pts. Everton 6 5 0 0 24 5 12 Sheffield United. 6 4 1 1 14 8 9 Sunderland 5 4 0 1 17 5 8 Sheffield Wed'sdav. 6 4 0 2 13 10 8 Preston North End. 6 3 1 2 12 11 7 Aston Villa 5-3 0 2 8 8 6 Blackburn Rovers 5 2 2 1 13 8 6 Burnley 6 2 2 2 10 11 6 Small Heath. 6 2 1 3 0 13 5 Bolton Wanderers 6 2 1 3 19 10 5 West Brom'h Albion. 5 2 0 3 12 10 4 W'ton Wanderers 5 2 0 3 7 13 4 Stoke. 5 1 1 3 8 15 3 Notts Forest. 5 1 0 4 9 17 2 Liverpool 6 0 2 4 716 2 Derby Countv 5 1 0 4 5 16 2 THE WELSH JUNIOR Cup.-Tlie draw for places in the first round has resulted as follows :—Division 2: Buckley Victoria v. Gresford Juniors referee, Mr. J. Powel', Wrexham; Buckley Victoria Reserve v. Coppenhall, referee, Mr. W. W Hannaby, Rhos; Rhosrobin Institute v Westminster Rovers Reserve, referee, Mr. W. H. Cotton, Rhostyllen. Division 3 Rhos Reserve v Druids Reserve, referee, Mr. F. T. Evans, Wrexham Overton v Brymbo Institute Reserve, referee, Mr. J. Taylor, Wrexham; Rhos- tyllen Reserve v Chirk Reserve, referee, Mr. W. J. Hughes, Minera; Ruabon v Adwy United, referee, Mr. G. A. Doody, Oswestry. Division 4: Wrock- wardine Wood Reserve v Oswestry United Reserve, referee, Mr. R. Marshall, Shrewsbury; Caersws United v Welshpool United, referee, Mr. W. H. J Evans, Newtown Whitchurch Reserve v Newtown Reserve, referee, Mr. R. T. Gough, Oswestry; Oswestry Rovers v Royal Welsh Warehouse, referee, Mr. J. Wilkes, Ruabon Horsehay Albion v Shrewsbury Town Reserve, referee, Mr. A. M. Jones, Oswestry. The First-named clubs have choice of ground., and the ties have to be played off on or before November 24. SHROPSHIRE AND DISTRICT LEAGUE. NEWTOWN v. NEWPORT. Played at Newtown on Saturday last. Newtown won the toss and chose to defend the bottom goal. Newport kicked off and soon made a nice dash down the right, and Savage missing his kick the visitors had a fair chance, but the ball was sent over the line. Newport put on pressure and troubled Edwards, who was safe. Savage landed the ball well up the field, and W. E. Pryce-Jones made a smart run up the hill but lost. The same player and King effected a good run up, and hands against Newport near goal in defending nearly resulted in a goal. The ball was well worked down the New- port right, but Savage returned it. Newport again ran down smartly and gained a corner. Hamer saved well from a rush, and Chapman next robbed the visitors' centre when going well. A foul was given against Chapman for pushing, and A. W. Pryce-Jones received the ball from the free-kick and got away well, but lost as he was about to centre. The play was again down the hill, and the Newport left wing pair gave some very pretty and quick passing. The ball was sent to Hartley at centre, who shot over the bar. From further pressure put on by Newport, Edwards rather clumsily saved, and the Newport left inside had a good opening, but shot very wide. King put in some very good work but kicked rather hard to his partner. Hands against Mytton caused the ball to move downwards, but Worthen stopped the visitors' forwards in fine style. Chapman shortly after did the same. Mytton got the ball and sent in a hot one to the goalkeeper, who coolly sent it back. A foul against Hamer was the next item, but Savage, with a huge kick, sent the ball well up to his forwards. W. E. Pryce-Jones and King worked up well towards goal, but King,, dallied a little too long and lost. Chapman next tricked the Newport forwards and sent on a judicious pass to A. W. Pryce-Jones, but he shot badly. Worthen got the ball from the goal kick and passed it across to W. E. Pryce- Jones, who sent in a beauty, which the goalkeeper rather fumbled but got away. The left wing of Newport dashed down, but Hamer stopped them. A. W. Pryce-Jones got on the ball and ran up cleverly, but his final shot was a trifle wide. New- part took up the pressing, and peppered away well at Edwards, but he coolly fisted all away. A very pretty run was next made on the Newtown left; A. W. when tackled passed to Parry, and this player sent on the ball to E. W. Pryce-Jones, who shot a little on the wrong side of the post. The Newport forwards got down, and Hartley headed a good pass just over the bar. From a free-kick Parry shot over the bar. A. W. Prvce-Jones next put in a grand run. He gave the ball to King, who lost when about to shoot. A foul against Chapman relieved Newport a little, and Hartley put in some good play, which was spoilt by Hallderan getting off-side. Worther fouled, and Hartley shot well into goal, but Hamer saved by a sharp kick. The ball reached Mytton, who dodged beautifully round the two backs and shot just on one side of the goalkeeper, and scored No. 1 for Newtown amid hearty cheers. From the centre kick W. E. showed up well, and so did Dick Jones, but he was a trifle wild. Savage kept off a dash by the visitors and gave to A. W. Pryce-Jones, who kicked out. Dick Jones kicked out to save when Newport left had a good look in. Mytton dodged nicely and sent a good pass to A. W., who ran up well and centred to Chapman, but his shot went sailing over the bar. Worthen robbed Keeley and passed the ball to W. E., who shot near but over. From a foul against Newport for pushing, A. W. Pryce-Jones got up well and sent a smart pass to Mytton, who muffed a good chance. The Newport right got well down, and a lovely pass across to the left ought to have resulted in a goal, but Amos shot wildly over the bar when he had only the goalkeeper to beat. Hands against Newport ended in the ball being sent on to Mytton, and he sent a lightning shot cleverly out of the goalkeeper's reach and scored a very fine goal. The Newport right wing soon had a good opening, but both players were weak. Mytton tricked and broke away nicely. He passed to A. W. Pryce- Jones, who shot across, and a scrimmage in front of Newport goal nearly resulted in another being rushed through, but Macklin ran out and fisted away. The ball was worked down, and twice Edwards rather unwisely left his post to save, but the Newport forwards failed to take advantage of the openings. At half-time the score stood New- town 2, Newport 0, and with the hill in their favour and this useful lead, the home team felt pretty certain of victory, but from the kick off the visitors played a most determined game. A rush on the Newport right nearly gave them a goal, as Savage missed badly, but Hamer got up in time. W, E. Pryce-Jones and Kins cleverlverot down and sen a close one. From a foul against Worthen Hartley shot well in goal bnt missed a weak return by Edwards. Parry was prominent with a good run but Smallman easily robbed A. W. Prvce-Jones. Newport worked the bail well up the left, and after a short scrimmage Amos sent a beautiful and oblique shot through the goal. A little more life was now put in the game. Hands against Newport near their goal gave Worthen a fair opening, but he shot badly. From mid-field Dick Jones sent a grand dropping shot which took the Newport goal keeper all his time to stop. Newtown pressed, but the position was relieved by a foul given against Parry for charging the goal keeper after he had fisted out. The Newport inside left got away well «g°°,d ™rk was 8Poilt by Halderan getting off-side. Hamer when pressed kicked out A. W. Pryce-Jones, Parry, and Mytton got down well and the latter put in a hot one, whichlthe goal keeper coolly kicked away. Hallderan and Amos worked away on the left, and the latter's final shot was near scoring. Mytton got the ball from the goal kick, and, dodging round Ward and Jones, smartly passed to E. W. Pryce-Jones and he trans- ferred to his brother, who sent a fine shot a little on the wrong side of the post. Parry and A. W. Pryce-Jones again did well, but the former shot out. Smart sent a good shot just over the Newtown goal. The Newtown right wing put in some good runs and centres, but Bennem was very cool and safe. Newtown faced the hill again and got well up to the Newtown quarters, when Ward at half-back steered a regular daisy-cutter between the legs of the Newtown defenders and equalised the game amid loud and hearty cheers. The game now became intensely exciting and fast. A.W. executed a good run and at the proper time swung the ball across to King, \tho headed over the bar. The Newtown right wing got up to goal and another good chance was lost. Chapman put in some tricky work, but sent the ball out of play. Mytton dodged nicely and gave to W.E. and King, and the former tried the goalkeeper with a smart shot. Chapman caused this defender a little uneasiness with a fine long shot, but he kept his head very cool and cleared well. Parry was robbed by Smallman when well up. At the other end Hallderan finished up a good run with a clinking shot, which nearly scored. Ward robbed Mytton, and Pitchford nearly scored from the pass. Savage saved magnificently from further efforts of New- port. Very fine play by W. E. Pryce-Jones, King, and Mytton nearly gave their side a lead, but Bennion averted disaster by grand tackling. The Newport men were playing with great dash and skill. From a spirited attack on the left wing Edwards again foolishly left his charge and the goal nearly fell. From now to the end the game was of an even and exciting character, Newport, if anything, having rather the best of it. When the whistle blew honours were even, after the best game played on the ground since the last great fight for the Welsh Cup. The following were the teams :— NKWPORT. Goal, Macklin; backs, Smallman and Bennion; half-backs, Smart, Ward, and Jones; light wing, Pitchford and T. Keeley; left wind, Hallderan and Amos centre, Hartley. Linesman, Mr. Millward. NEWTOWN. Goal, Edwards backs, Hamer and Savage; half- backs, R. Jones, Chapman, and Worthen; right wing, W. E. Pryce-Joues and King; left wing, A. W. Pryce-Jones and Parry centre, H. F. Mytton. Linesman, Mr. Evans. Referee, Mr. G. H. Jones, Shrewsbury. WELSHPOOL UNITED v. OSWESTRY ST. GEORGE'S. These teams met on the ground of the former on Saturday afternoon, this being the opening match of the home club. The weather was favourable to a degree, and there was a fair attendance of spectators. Footballers' punctuality was observed, a start not being made until half-an-hour after the advertised time for commencing. The visitors won the toss and resolved to defend the canal goal. Even piay followed the kick-off, a corner kick secured by the homesters proving of no great advantage. Later on, Austin made an attempt to shoot at goal, but, unfortunately, the leather went wide of the mark. A visit was paid to the home territory, but it was of short duration, wild play by the visitors giving away a valuable opportunity. Hughes ultimately got away, his shot seeing the ball sailing just over the crossbar, another shot by Austin going the same way a few minutes later. The visitors, however, succeeded in sending the ball over the division line from a goal kick, and matters began to look critical for the home side, but, thanks to Heath's instrumentality, the situation was relieved. Play was next stopped, owing to an injury to Harry Davies's knee, the game being re- sumed on his retiring from the field of play. The resumption was conspicuous for some good play by the home side, who proved the aggressors. The un- successful shot at goal by Austin seemed to be but a prelude to the eye-opener which Hughes gave the spectators, who scored in brilliant fashion, and to the delight of those who witnessed the performance. This was succeeded by some more interesting play, the sterling play exhibited by Mytton eliciting hearty rounds of applause. A well-judged shot of this player's was successfully stopped by the visiting goalkeeper. The advantage thus gained by the home side, in spite of the fact that they were playing one man short, inspired them to better work, and time after time they pressed their opponents. The visitors were penal- ised for a foul, a good attempt at scoring being made, but which did not go through. This was succeeded by a corner to Welshpool, which proved fruitless. Even play followed, and a good centre by Brown enabled Barrett to score for Oswestry, this bringing both sides on a level. Half-time was shortly afterwards announced, with the score stand- ing at one goal each. The homesters assumed the aggressive on the change of ends, and made things warm for their opponents; a splendid shot by Mytton just touching the bar; this player was again to the front after the goal kick and a smart pass by him to Austin resulted in goal number two being notched in the home side's favour. On the re-start a rush was made by the Oswestrians on the home goal, but their efforts were of no avail, thanks to the combined play of the home backs. W. Davies secured the ball, and was successful in notching a goal for Welsbpool from a good ground shot. He followed this up by putting in another fine shot. The home territory was afterwards the venue,.but they claimed no advantage. After some give and take play, Mytton secured, and, eluding his opponents in grand style, sent between the posts. It was now left for Hughes to add the sixth goal, and this completed, time was announced with the wore- Welshpool, 6 goals Oswestry, 1 goal. ABERYSTWYTH V. BUILTH. It is gratifying to chronicle the splendid win of the Aberystwyth team in their encounter with Builth, which came off on the Vicarage Ground, Aberystwyth, on Saturday, in the presence of a large number of spectators. Seeing that the home team were without their International Rea, a win of seven goals to one is, indeed, very creditable. The visitors being successful in the spin of the coin, the home team had to face the sun and slope. Before the game was far advanced it was evident that the home eleven meant business, and during the first five minutes shots by Mason and Morris grazed the cross-bar, Howell being a few minutes later compelled to kick a deliberate corner to save his charge. Individual play amongst the visitors' forwards enabled them to break away now and" again, but lacking combination they never looked dangerous. In fact the home custodian was only called to handle once, so erratic was their play. Morris eventually enlivened the game with a fine spurt, and the visitors' territory was besieged, but when success seemed certain, Mason was penalised for contravening the off-side law. The locals were again soon on the offensive, experiencing terrible hard lines in the mouth of the Builth citadel, several shots dropping on to the net, while others went out of play off the uprights, conspicuous amongst them being attempts by Smith and J. H. Edwards. The visitors, with a dash, pounced upon Jack Jones somewhat unexpectedly, but, making use of Trainer's method of clearing in a rush, Jones sayed creditably. A smart run introduced by Morris eventually transferred hostilities to the other end, John Henry forcing a corner. D. Edwards placed the globe with bound judgment, the result being first blood for the locals from a shot by Mason. This infused new life into the visitors, and for a time they buckled to, but failed to keep it up. Garner and Mason worked the leather up their wing neatly, but Garner fotil- ing a pass in front of goal, the opportunity was lost. The ensuing play was somewhat favourable to the visitors, some effective work being done on their right wing, but before auv mischief could be done Tom Rees relieved with a long shot, and getting possession Mason forced a corner. Smith shot accurately, but Garner just headed over the bar. The next item of interest was a scrimmage in dangerous proximity to the visitors' stronghold, but the defence proved too much for the home vanguard. The Builth rights again became conspicuous, and latterly Jones got within easy range, but the custodian was not to be caught napping. D. M. Jones on the local's left then shone brilliantly, and deserved the applause of the crowd for his excellent run. He centered accurately, but Morris being hard pressed shot wide of the mark. Mason, receiving from Smith, troubled G. C. Evans, but he punched away splendidly. A corner in favour or the home eleven having been neutralised, the visitors gained a similar advantage. The globe was placed in an easy position but the chance was mulled. A minute later, however, Thomas sent in a scorcher, which luckily for the custodian, struck the cross-bar and rebounded into play. Some give-and-take play ensued, but enlivened by the cheers of their supporters the homesters again went at it in earnest, and getting possession after Howells had headed out, Morris returned a lightning shot, and brought about the downfall of the Visitors fort. Smith and W. R. showed exceptional fine form in the back division during a rush which followed, and succeeding in clearing before the enemy could accomplish any mischief. Receiving the leather from a goal kick, Morris paced down the ground, and transferring the globe to D. M. play became brisk in the opposite territory, but attempts by Garner and John Henry proved futile. Fred Jones on the Visitors right, together with his comrade, worked strenuously, and got into position, but Jack Jones was equal to the occasion, and averted a calamity by awarding a corner. Morris headed the ball out of the rush, and raced up the ground at a furious rate. Passing to D. M., who returned the leather in an easy posi- tion, Morris sent in a daisy cutter which the custodian manipulated successfully. However, Iorrl s return shot was too much for him, and goal o.3 was registered. Half-time arrived with the score as under:- S^z=: ;r'' On resuming the Visitors played with greater determination, but this did not last, and before many minutes had elapsed they were completely out of it. Morris added a fourth goal from a pass by John Henry. The home backs were now well up the field, and more than once W. R. troubled the custodian with his shooting. The fifth goal was soon registered by Morris, this again being the out- come of a pass by J. H. Edwards. In less than two minutes after this, Mason placed the globe into the net, but this point was disallowed on a plea of off- side. Once more the Visitors buckled too, and Rees had something pretty Lough to contend w ith for a time, but shooting stubbornly they failed to make much of their chances. Morris was able to score goal No. 6 during a scuffle which lasted some time in front of the citadel, this being the fifth time he had accomplished the task. Receiving the leather from Garner, Mason a few minutes later, dribbled around his opponent's back, and notched a very pretty goal. The Visitors again with their characteristic dash endeavoured to make matters warm, and this time their efforts were crowned with success, Sydney Thomas beating the home custodian with a smart shot. Nothing of further interest transpired before time was announced, the score then readim? :— Aberystwyth 7 goals Builth 1 goal The following played for the respective teams ::— BUILTH. Goal, G. C. Evans; backs, A. R. Evans and M. Gwynne Howell; half-backs, J. Lloyd, J. Burns, and G. Hampton; right wing, Sydney Thomas and Fred Jones; centre, George Lewis; left wing, Ed. Gwynne Howell and Harry Jones. Linesman,—Mr. J. Wisley. ABERYSTWYTn. Goal, Jack Jones; backs, W. R. Jones and Tom Rees; half-backs, H. Smith, D. Morgan, and D. Edwards; right wing, J. Garner and W- Mason; centre, Morris left wing, J. H. Edwards and D. M. Jones. Linesman—Mr. W. P. Owen. Referee—Mr. A. J. Hughes.





[No title]