Hide Articles List

18 articles on this Page







[No title]





Football. A KEEN APPETITK with better Digestion aroused by Pepper's Quinine and Iron Tonic. Shilling bottles, NORTH WALES COASr LEAGUE. RESULTS UP TO DATE. Goals. Plvd. Won. Lost. Drn. For. Agst. Fts Llandudno Swifts. 7 6 0 1 26 4 13 Flint. 6.. 4.. 0.. 2..22 3 10 Bangor. 5 2 1.. 2..15 ..10 6 Caledfryn Rangers.. 7 2.. 4.. 1.. 5.. 21.. 5 Holywell 5 2 3 0. 10 10 4 Bagillt 7.. 2.. 5 0 12 24 4 Hhyl 7.. 1.. 6.. 0.. 9 26 2 Fixtures for next Saturday :—Bangor v. Llan- dudno Swifts; Holywell v. Rhyl.-Ou the first named ground. BAGILLT V. MOLD.-Thetie teams will engage in a friendly encounter at Bagillt, next Saturday. The Bagillt team will be as follows:—Goal, J. D. Jones; backs, J. A. Freeman, and P. Lewis; half-backs, C. Williams, J. Bagshaw and J. E. Reece; forwards, E. Roberts, G. Oare, J. Pierce, J. W. Lowe, and W. Evans. Referee, Mr. S. Jones. Kick-off 3.15. DENBIGHSHIRE AND FLINTSHIRE CHARITY CUP.— The following is the rasult of the draw for the third round of this competition :—Westminster Rovers v. Brymbo Institute, at Stansty Park, Wrexham; Flint v. Holywell, at Flint. The ties have to be played off next Saturday. Wrexham and Druids (the holders) are exempt until the semi-finals. Holywell have obtained their position in the third round under very peculiar circumstanees. In the first round they were beaten by Caergwrle Wanderers by eight goals to two. Holywell laid a protest against the Oaergwrle ground, that it was not the proper width. The protest was upheld, and the tie ordered to be replayed at Holywell, when Caergwrle scratched. In the second round Holywell were beaten by Ruthin, and Holywell again protested, this time on the ground that the field in which the game was played was not the usual ground used by Ruthin. This protest was also upheld, and the match ordered to be replayed at Holywell. Then Ruthin scratched, and so Holywell figure in the third round without having really won a game. BAGILLT SWIFTS v. FLINT SWIFTS. Flayed at Flint in wretched weather on Saturday last, before a small crowd. The visitors with the aid of the wir.d pressed during the first half, but conld not score. In the second half the homesters scored four goals.—Final result: Flint, 4 goals; Bagillt, nil. BAGILLT V. CONNAH'S QUAY. This tie in the third round of the Welsh Junior cup, was played at Connah's Quay, on Saturday last, in wretched weather. Both clubs had their best elevens out. The Bagillt team left home accompanied by a lorge number of supporters, so great was the interest centered in the game.—The home captain won the toss, and eleoted to play with the wind in his favour. Pierce started for the visitors, but could not make headway owing to the wind and rain which impeded him. The ball was returned to the visitor's quarters, and kept there I almost the whole of the first half. Jones, the Bagillt goalkeeper, made a number of remarkable saves, and it was fully twenty minutes before he failed to negotitate a good shot by Fergusson. The ball being again restarted, Evans on the visitors left was prominent for a nice run, but was pulled up by Gerrard before he became dangerous. The game was instantly transferred to the visitors' half, Jones being called upon by the home centre saved nicely, but before he could regain his footing Fergusson 1 returned the ball, scoring the second point. A little I while before the interval the home team registered another.— Half-time Connah's Quay, 3 goals Bagillt, 0 goplQ,-On resuming the game, the home team, who nv faced the elements, were forced into their own half, and the visitors pressed considerably. After about five minutes play they succeeded in scoring their first point. This was quickly followed by another. Corner after corner fell to Bagillt, but the high wind which prevented accurate kicking, made the corners of little use. The leather was kept bobbing about the Quay goal for sometime. Pierce getting possession had some passing with Oare, and these two having got ioto a good position, Pierce succeeded in equalizing the scores with a shot that gave Jones n ochance. After ibis th. visitors' made strenuous efforts to get the lead, Pierce, Oare, and Evans having hard lines wiih some good shots. About eight minutes from time, Pierce cleverly dodged his oponents, and soored the winning goal amidst cheering from the Bagillt supporters. Fiual result: Bagillt, 4 goals Connah's quay, 3 goals.— Bagillt team: Goal, Jones; baoks, Freeman and Lewis; half-backs, 0. Williams, Bagshaw and Reece; forwards, Roberts, Oare, Pieroe, Clements and W. Evans. Linesman, Mr. S. Jones. Referee, Mr. D. Smith, L'roughtou.


[No title]




[No title]