We Carry Ml Before lis. CLEAR THE WAY! FOR TEN DAYS, Commencing Wednesday, December 13th,r, and positively ending Saturday. December 23. WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING DELICACIES FOR CHRISTMAS At a Price which ALL can afford to Pay— THE PRESERVE OF THE SEASON. 31b jap Chylong Preserved Ginger for Is. Splendid Muscatels at ad. per lb. The Finest Jordan Almonds at Is 6d per lb. A Large Box of Figs for 10fd. Our Famous 2s. Bara Brith for 1s. „ „ Is. „ „ for 6d. Christmas Crackers—A Grand Variety. Canadian Apples, Oranges and Nuts. NOTE THE PRICES. DON'T FORGET 'EM BE MERRY—BE WISE—BUY NOW AT The People's Popular Stores, WATER STREET & HIGH STREET, RHYL E. P. Jones, Son & Co. PROPRIETORS. NOTICE. VAUGHAH, Chemist, VaughanSt. All Patent Medicines are Sold at the above Establishment at Lowest Reduced Store Prices For Cash. Telegrams National Telephone: "SHEFFIELD, RHYL." "No. 7." Alfred Sheffield, IRONMONGER, Silversmith; Contractor, and Builders' Merchant, 170 Wellington Road, Rhyl. Agent tor the Welsbadh Incandescent Light Co. A Large Stock of Mantles, Burners, Fittings, suitable for all Classes. Acetylene Gas. i Estimates given for Installation in Churches, Chapels, aIfd Country Houses. Oil Lamps In Great Variety. Special low price for Petroleum Oil in bulk. Kitchen Ranges Tile Register Stoves, Mantel Pieces, Tile Hearths and Kerbs, shown in suites complete. Oils, Paints, Colours, Glass, Varnish, and all Painters' requisites. Wall Paper A Speciality. New Season's Stock just arived, ESTIMATES given for Sanitary, Hot and Cold Water, Hange fixing, Plumbing, Tin-work, and all repairs. A large staff of Workmen employed the Promises, LOIJ.
I RIIYL AND NEIGHBOURHOOD. GENERAL INFORMATION. The name of our town is pronounced as if it were spelt "Rhill" and not" Rhyle," as we have often heard it pronounced. The derivation of the name cannot for a certainty be decided. Some suppose that it is derived from Rhull (signifying -'loose or,, oasily shifted.") This meaning of the word is quite applicable, when we consider the sandy soil on which it is built, and especially its exfeneive sands, to which the town to a great 3xtent owes its popularity. Others suppose too name to be derived from Rhull (a cleft or opening). This meaning is equally applicable, the town being situated at the Northern extremity of the lovely and re- nowned Vale of Clwyd. fcihyl is one of the chief watering places in the Principality. It is, oomr paratively speaking, a modern town, and the population according to the last census was 6474 A little more than half a century ago it consisted of but a few detached dwellings; but owing to the beauty of its position, the salubrity of its air, the saffty of its bathing ground, and its smooth, firm, and unrivalled beach, several miles in extent, it rapidly gained popularity and has become a place of very great attraction and a favorite resort of families and tourists In addition to the attractions mentioned above, Rhyl has many others it is accessible from all parts, being situated and possessing a fine station on the London and North Western Rail- way from Chester to Rolyhad; its hotels and lodging houses provide every accommodation at reasonable charges; it is within easy driving or yeen walking distance are several places of in- terest—such as the Cathedral city of St. Asaph, Rhuddlan, Bodelwyddan, Abergele, Cefn, and Dvserth. SALUBRITY AND DRYNESS OF THE AIR. Dr. Summerhill, who has written on the ad- an tages of Rhyl from the medical man's point of view, states that •' it stands almost unequalled or the salubrity and dryness of its atmosphere ts exemption from all kinds of epidemics, and its entire frceness from fogs. The lightneseo the soil causes a rapid evaporation and absorp proof moisture, so that all traces ot rain dis. appears from the surface." The rainfall was much below the ayerage of the United Kingdom, and this is attributed in a great measure to the fact, expressed in common parlance, that the bills on either side the Vale carry the rains to the country." Fogs and mists are practically unknown, and thunderstorms rarely break over the town. According to Dr. Eyton Lloyd's report for 1801, the total rainfall during the yearwas only 2J-23, the death-rate among resi- dents and visitorb 22*86, higher (owing to influ- enza and children's diseases) than in any year since his appointment in 1880. In 1880 it was 18-18, and in 1889, 15-12. THE PROMENADE AND PIER- The Promenade extends along the entire front of the town from east to west and is bounded on the south by a long string of terraces facing the sea. Lataly it has been asphalted over, and other improvements effected. The Promenade Pier is undoubtedly the finest in the Princi- pality, and even amongst those constructions of English watering places there are but very few which will be found to surpass it. Constructed by an eminent fiim of Glasgow engineers and built almost entirely of iron, it presents a very light and graceful appearance and reaches out to sea a distance of 750 yards. A commodious Pavilion has been erected upon it years ago, in which, during the Summer months, entertain- ments dolight the visitors morning and evening. In June, 1891, active operations were commenced in connection with the erection of another very elegant pavilion at the entrance, to accommodate nearly three thousand persons. Before the end of the same summer, the Grand Pavilion wasopened The building is a light & airy structure, and at the back of the orcheftra there is ereetedlone of the largest Organs to be found in any such building in the Kingdom, and which was first erected for the Manchester Exhibition. THE PROMENADE BAND- The authorities annually engage a Band to provide vocal and instrumental music in the open-air in one of the new emboyments, about midway between the two extremities of the west promenade The mu^ic provided ia of excellent quality, and affords delight to the thousands of promenaders. The band is supported entirely by the voluntary contributions of residents and visitors. THE TOWN HALL The town is governed by a body called The Rhyl Urban District Council, and there are 38 members. Jno. H. E'lis, Esq., being this year's Chairman. They have a C,erk (Mr Arthur Rowlands), a Medical Officer of Health (Dr A. Eyton Lloyd,J.P.). a Surveyor (Mr Robt Hughes), a Sanitarv Inspector ^Mr R J Hughes) a Gas and Weter Manager (Mr Leonard G. Hall). The town buildings, consisting of a market hall on the basement, Ill assembly room (capable of holding about 1200 persons) and offices, are situated in the centre of the town, the mam entrance being in Wellington Road and Queen Street to the East, and Water Street to the West of the siructure. On the South side there is a clock tower, the clock itself being illuminated. The building was opened in 1876, and has cost about L8000. The general market is open daily, and the corn exchange o Tuesdays. PLACES OF WORSHIP. Like most Welsh towns, Rhyl abounds in churches and chapels. Church of England.—The Parish Church (Welsh Services) and St. Thomas' (English) are situated olosa to each other on grounds neatly kept and abutting on Russell Road, Paradise Street, Bath Street, and Clwyd Street. In the latter, daily as well as Sunday services are held. There is a celebration at 8 o'clock every Sunday. This church is the handsomest building in town, and* with its fittings it cost about £ 25,000. It is in the Early English style, built in 1861, from plans by Sir Gilbert Scott. The height of the tower to the clock vane is 203 fee., and in the chancel and nave there is accommodation for over 1000 worshippers.—St. John's, Welling- ton Road, close to the Summer Gardens, was built in 1886, mainly to accommodate the increasing influx of visitors into the town. The ocst amounted to £ 5300, and all the seats are free.- St. Ann's, Vale Road, was opened in 1895, having been erected on the cost of Mrs Nicholson, Nithiidale-Tbe Vicar is the Rev. Dan. Edwards, M.A., Surrogate for granting Marriage Licenses, Persondy, Russell Road. English Congregational Chapel (Christ Church) Water Street English Wesleyan Ohapel, Brighton Road.- Rev. Lefroy Yorke, the Manee, minister. English Baptist Chapel, Sussex Street.—Rev. D. G. Lewis, pastor, English Presbyterian Chapel' Princess St.— Rev, J. Yerrier Jones, Minister. St. Mary's (Roman Catholic), Wellington I Road.—Rev. Father Parker, Mission Priest Lluesty Mair. Some eminent ministers act as supplieg frequ- ently during the summer months. Welsh Cal- vini tjc, Weeleyan, Baptist, and Independent chapels ue also to be found in the town. EDUCATION FACILITIES- Rhyl is amply provided in the matter of edu- cation, elementary, ujiddle-class, and superior. There are five National School departments and five British, in different parts of the town, and a small Roman Catholic School. There are several institutions for the education of the children of the better classe«, both boys and girls and the excellency of the education given combined with the salubrity of the aii t ard the acknowledged healtntulness ot tbe place, combine in drawing pupils from all parts of the k -ugdoin. The place has been chosen by the JoiOt Education Committee as the -oc(ile of an Ijjterijvediate Education School now open. POSTAL SERVICE. The Postal arrangoinente; ior the town are most admirable, and the convenience and com- fort of visitors ni7a well attended to. The central Post Office, erected orly a few years since, and situated in High Street, is a very fine building oi its class. The Pillar Boxes are studded all over the J town at most convenient places. There are four deliveries on week days-viz., at 7.0 and 11 in the morning, and 1.30 and and 6.30 in the afternoon, and a similar number of collections. Letters may be posted at the central Post Office until 9.30 p.m. for London, the South, Manchester, and the North, etc.; or even up till 9.50 p m., by payment ot an extra d. stamp. The Telegraph Office is open from 2 8.0 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Sundays there is a delivery of letters at 7.0 a.m but no delivery of parcels. DISTANCES TO PLACES OF INTEREST. a. -Tltbuclcilan 3 mues. *St.Asaph 6 Bodelwyddan 6 •Denbigh 12 *Abergele 6 *Colwyn Bay 12 *Prestatyn 5 Newmarket 6 *Llandudno 20 Dyserth 4 Cefn Hocks and Caves 9 Gwrych Castle" 7 Llyn Helig 9 St. Beuno's College 9 .St. Winifred's Well. 14 Those places denoted by an asterisk can be visited by train. Breaks run daily from the High Street, Market Place, &c., to Bodelwyddan, St. Asapb. and Dyserth. Hackney carriage stands will be found in several of the main stress, and there are fixed rates of charges by the mile or the hour. Luggage removers, authorized by the local authority, have stands near the railway station and the town hall. Their rate of charges are affixed to the vehicles. Bath Chair-men are similarly accommodated with stands, close on the promenade. TRAIN SERVICE- Nearly all traius running over the L. & N. W. Railway stop nt Rhyl, the station being placed in the first class according to the Company's designation. Frequent irAios run up and down the Vale of Clwyd, through a most charming country. THE BOTANICAL GARDENS- These grounds are situate over the Gladstone Bridge, about half from the Town Hall. They cover about seven acres of ground, are well planted with fruit trees a', d shrubs. The rustic walks, sheltered by trimmed hedges, form a pleasant lounge for visitors, to whom the grounds are open dailv. Fresh fruit and flowers are obtainable ,be grounds, and the place is a charming resort for pic-nic parties. VALE OF CLWYD- This renowned valley has be6n so highly eulogised, that strangers may find its beauties ail to satisfy the anticipations with which they approach it. It presents a scene of rich cultiva- tion and tranquil beauty. There is certainly much to gratify and delight tourists. Watered through its whole length by the River Clwyd, it extends from about four miles south of Ruthin to the coast of Flintshire, about 2t miles while in breadth it varies from about 2 to 6 or 7 miles. It is bounded on both sides by hills of moderate height, those on tho EaEt Eiide being the most lofty and conspicuous. At the south it is closed in by mountains, and at the North it is open to the sea. The iand which lies near to the river is level, cultivated, and fertile, in most parts producing corn of good quality. The plain and portions of the slopes are well wooded, and the peaceful cottages and cheerful homesteads sug- gest ideas of serenity, comfort and contentment. Elegant villas, and in some instances, ttately mansions grace the river's side, or repope in the shelter of the neighbouring hills. To obtain a full view of the valley, it is desirable to ascend somefof the ceiglibouring heights; or portions of it may be seen'to advantage from the castle of Rhuddlao and the Cathedral of St. Asaph. Burke, in his "Beauties, Harmonies, and Sub- limities of Nature" says that of all the vales in England and Walas, that of the Clwyd is most rich. The now peaceful Vale of Clwyd has been the scene of warfare and carnage, and many are the conflicts which might be recorded. BODELWYDDAN CHURCH. Bodelwyddan Church is not far from the castellated mansion known as Bodelwyddan Hall. The Church is a modern specimen of decorated Gothic architecture, a: d on* of the most beautiful and exquisitely finished churches o Great Britain. Ita tall wbito spire 202 feet high can be seen for miles around. The first stone of this church was laid by th Dowager Lady Willoughby de Broke (tho donor) in 1856. The Church was designed by the late Mr John Gibson, of Westminster. On entering, the visitors' attention is at once attr&cted by the transcendent beauty of the interior, which is richly adorned with a profusion of carvings and windows of stained glass, The eastern window is the most beautifu', and together with the others in the chancel, represents a series ot evants in the life rf our Lord. The- font cost JE300. It is sculptured out of a block of Carara marble, and represents two of Sir Hugh and Lady Williams' little girls bearing a shell. The cost of the building %as 160,000. The parson- age and fine schools are close by, all erected through the munificence of Lady Willoughby The present Vicar is the Rev. Canon Owen Jones. Several brakes, &c., leave Rhyl at frequent intervals during the day, and on Sun- days for service. The utAu,,1 route followed by carriage drivers to Bodelwyddan Church turns off to the right after crossing the Railway Bridge at Rhuddlan. The road runs under a canopy of trees and is a very pleasant drive. BHUDDLAN. Rhuddlan, anciently a place of magnitude and importance, retaicg no features of its original character, except its ruined castle, and a few other interesting remains of antiquity. It is situated near the confluence of the rivers Clwyd and Elwy, about 3 miles from Hhyl. Edward 1. gave to Rhuddlan the privileges of a free borough, with various immunities, design- ing thereby to reooncile the Welsh to thtc ascendency of their conquerors It was here that he succeeded in trio politic stratagem which induced the Welsh to acknowledge his infant son, born at CarnarvoD, as Prince of Wales. Here also was passed the celebrated law called the Statute of Rhuddlan, which, after ro. citing many curious particulars relative to Welsh customs previous to Edward's conquest, enacted new regulations for the government of Wales. There is still standing part of the wall of the house in which Edward held his council or Parliament. This old wall has been wrought into tbe gable of a row of small bouses and affixed tp it is a tablet, with the following inscription ;— This fragment Is the remains of the Bailding Where King Edward the First Held his Parliament, A.D. 1283, In which was passed the Statute of Rhuddlan, Securing To the Priusipality of Wales Its Judicial Rights and Independence." Between the towu and the sea is an extensive tract of low land called Morfa Rhuddlan, i.e., the Marsh of Rhuddlan, where in the year 795, a dreadful battle was fought between the Saxons under Offa, King of Mercia, and the Welsh under Caradoc, in which the latter, after an obstinate conflict, were defeated with great slaughter. All who were msde prisoners were cruelly a^d indiscriminately put to deatb, and nearly all who escaped frem the hands of the Saxons perished in the marsh, from the influx of the tide. The popular Welsh air, II Morfa RhuddJan," distinguished by the plaintive sweetness of its melody, was composed in com- memoration of this disastrous event. RHUDDLAN CASTLE. Rhuddlan Castle ig a quadrangular structure of red sandstone, with six massive towers fl n k ing lofty curtain walk. It has evidently been ft fortress ot great strength, with little of archi. tecturai beauty or grandeur. The fosse, easily traced, enclosed a large area, and withiii this was a Priory of Dominicans, some relics of which, as well as other antiquities, are to be seen in Rhuddlan Cnuroh. Archaeologists are not agreed as to the period at which this castle was erected. Two reputable authorities, Powell and Camden, ascribe it tp Llewelyn-ap-Sitsyllt, who reigned in Wales at the eonaoaengeinenti of the llth century, and made this tbe place of his residence. In 1063 it was attacked and burned by Harold of England. Subsequently, being restored, it became the scene of many historical events, proving that by both Normans and Britons, the possession of this fortress was deemed of great importance. In 1399 it was seized by the Earl of Northumberland, previous to the deposition of Richard II., who was brought hither on his way to Flint, where be was treacherously delivered into the hands o Boliogbroke. In the civil wars Rhuddlan was garrisoned for the king, but was surrendered to Gen. Mytton in 1646 and soon afterwards by order of the Parliament, it was dismantled. The Royal Eisteddfod was held here in the autumn of 1850. Visitors are permitted to enter the grounds on payment of a nominal fee. Rhuddlan Church, restored within the past twenty years, is well worthy of a visit, as is also the old "Abbey,"about half-a-mile beyond the Castle and now a farmhouse. ST. ASAPH This city is email, but agreeably situated on a pleasant eminence, near tho northern extremity of the fertile Vale of Clwyd, between the rivers Elwy and Clwyd, not fnr from their confluence. The bill on which the city stands is called Bryn- Paulin, from having been made a place of encampment by Pwulinu?, the Roman general, on his way to An^lesea. The See is very ancient, having been established in the sixth century by Keotigern, Bishop of Glasgow. Being driven from the north by persecution, and seeking refuge here, he was protectnd by Cadwallon, who aided him in building a church, and founding a college or monastery, in this place. Being recalled to his original charge, he Dominated as his successor a pious scholar named Asa, from whom both the church and town received their designation. Asaph assumed the title of Bishop, and dying in 596 was interred in his own Cathedral. The first building which was of wood was consumed by fire in 1282. A more substantial edifice was soon after erected by Bishop Anian, and tbis was nearly demolished during the wars of Owen Glyndwr. It was partly rebuilt by Bishop Redman about 1480, the choir remain- ing unfinished until about 1770, when it was completed by the Dean and Chapter. In the Parliamentary wars the edifice was desecrated and greatly injured being used as a barrack and hospital for the Military, and even )s au office and stable for the postmaster. The present Cathedral now appears after the restorations of Sir Gilbert Scott. It is the smallest Biitieh Cathedral. The usual crucifix form plan is followed out with centre tower- The nave is of five bays and has aisles-aid addition wanting in the rest of the Church. In the monuments, the following are worthy ofi notice:—An Altar-tomb, suppoiting a cum- bent figure in episcopal robes, in memory of Bishop Dafydd ap Owain, who died in 1502; a full length figure of the late Dt-an Shipley, in white marble, raised by a subscription of £600; an Altar-tomb which record the decease of Bishop Luxmore in 1830; and a mural tablet to the memory of the gifted poetess, Felicia Hemans, who resided near during a great portion of her life. Among the prelates of this diocese may be especially named Bishop William Morgan, an eminent linguist, the prin- cipal translator of the Welsh Bible printed in 1588, and a contributor to the English vtrsion of Elizabeth's reign. In April this year a handsome mcnument to Bishop Morgan and his coadjutors was erected in the Cathedral yard. Dr. Isaac Barrow, who educated his nephew of the same name, distinguished as a mathema- tician inferior only to bis friend Sir Isaac Newton; and Dr. Samuel Horsley, of great celebrity, as an Oriental scholar and Biblical critic. From the summit of the Cathedral tower a good view is obtained of the Vale of Clwyd, with the castles of Denbigh and Rhuddlan, and a long line of seacoast. TBEMEIRCHION. Here, about three miles from St. Asaph Rail way Station, is situate the Jesuit College of St. Beuno, on the side of the bill range, a prominent object from the lowlauds. The students are numerous. Not far off ie St. Beuno'e Well, and the bone caves recently explored under the direction of one of the learned societies. CEFN ROCKS AND CAVES. Cefn, the seat of Mrs. Williams Wynne, has a beautiful situation on the banks of the Elwy, to the west of the railway between St. Asaph and Trdntu t. The neighbourhood is worthy of bn ing explored, on bocount of its df-ep picturesque glen its holy well, and it- fofsiliferous caverns; and it is presumed that tew tourists, if a' y, will regret the time and trouble thus expended. To these scene-, the biographer of inirs Hemans re- fers in the following items:—"Those who only know the reigbbourhood of St Asaph from tra- velling along its highways, can be little aware hew mucn delightful see ery is attainable within walks of two or tlnee miles distance from Mrs Hemans' residence, The placid beauty of the Clwyd, and wilder graces of its si.t"r stream, the Klwv, particularly in the vicinity of,, Our Lttdy's Well," and the interesting rocks and caves at Cefn, are lIttle k: own to general tourists." "Our Lady's Well," orFfynnon Fair, is a fine spring, enclosed within an ar gular wall, formerly roofed. The water, which flows copiouso,, was Ion,, and generally deemed sacred, and reputed to possess powerful, if not miraculous, efficiency in the removal of bodily diseases. Near to the spring pre the ruins of a small cruciform chapel, of the 15th century, dedicated to the B essed Virgin Mary, which originally enclosed the well. The limestone rocks are perfoir.ted in diffdrent directions with magnificent caverns of great ex. tent. In some parts of them the roof is more than 40 feet in height; and in one place, at the base of the rock, near the river Elwy, there is a natural arch 36 feet high, which extends in depth more than 60 feet. From these caverns have been removed at different times immense quan. tities of bones and bone-dnet; and various fossil remains have been discovered, which have been examined and described by Professor Buckland. The holy well and caves, with the beautiful vale of Elwy, may be made the object of an excursion from Rbyl; and vehicles run here and back daily. DENBIGH. No visitor to Rhyl should fail to visit this ancient town, which is but twelve miles distant, if only to see its old Castle, magnificent in its decay, and from which a most extensive view f the Vale of Clwyd is to be seen, and a grand ne withal. Outside the Castle walls is to be seen the uncompleted edifice which was begun by the Eal of Leicester in 1579, and said to be intended for a cathedral, instead of the church at St. Asaph. Other objects of interest are the North Wales Lunatic Asylum, Howell's School, and Whit- church, DYSERTH AND NEIGHBOURHOOD. Dyserth is four miles from Rhyl, and the rath thereto through the fields provides the pedes- trian with a very pretty walk. Dyeerth church possesses some interesting features, among which may ba reckoned a very old window. This east window, sometimes callod the" Jesse Window, is said by some to have formed a part of Basingwerk Abbey. A cross, of curious workmanship, is also to be found in this church yard. Near to the ruins of Dyserth Castle are the famous old lead ore and blende" mines of Talar- gocb. These extensive mines are now closed, and have been for the last few years, owing to the low:price ruling for the lead ore, and the large quantity of lead ore which is new im. ported into this country. Formerly these mines ranked mong the most productive in the king- dom, and gave employment to hundreds of the scattered population of the district. Pennant records the flict that old Roman implements were found in the crevices of the rock above the present workings.
THE MUST NUTRITIOUS. EMM p 0246 *x4;, ti L p 4kav GRATEFUL-COMFORTING. ApotL COCOA SREAKFAST AND SUPPER, NOW IS THE TIME! To get your Pictures Framed. We do every description of Framing in the cheapest Gilt or the best Fine Art Mouldings, at the lowest possible Prices and by thoroughly competent workmen. To get your Pictures Cleaned, or the Frames Renovated. We undertake every description of Cleaning Engravings, Oil Paintings, Prints, &c., and Repair any damaged Frames at a trifling cost. To get your Frames Re-gilded. This is a Special Feature with us, and we have every facility for turning out first-class work. The best English Gold is used, and only skilled workmen employed, Estimates free. Call and See our Stock of Mouldings and 0- Compare our Prices. A. & II. SANDOE, Bodfor Street & High Street. Rhyl. ESTABLISHED 1879. DAVID GRIFFITHS j SON Furnishing Undertakers. Coffins supplied and Funerals conducted in Town and Country. Perfect efficiency can be relied upon. Care would be taken that only moderate charges are made, consistent with first-class work and guarantee. REPAIRS TO PROPERTY EFFECTED A Steady and Competent Staff of Men employed in al branches of the Building Trade. Windsor Joinery Works, Windsor St. Rhyl 279 Plain and Artistic PRINTING of every description EXECUTED IN THE BEST STYLE AT THE "RHYL JOllRMt" Printing Works, RHYL. A STOCK OF MACHINERY AND Fancy Type Has been carefully selected, and will be found admirably adapted to suit all Classes of Work. We make a feature of Commercial and General Printing. Commercial Printing, to be carried on successfully, must be executed rapidly and economically. We fulfil our orders as quickly as any printer in ilic country, in the very best style, and at the Lowest Possible Prices. No Job too small, No Job too big Gwaith Cymraeg o bob math. THE Rhyl Journal Printing Works ..t l30 High St., Rhvl. MTmXT* ilPSjHI Sm pgla HUggi i The Pioneers of Cheap Boot Repairing. The London Boot Repairing Co., 3 MARKET STREET, RHYL The Best, Cheapest, and Quickest Boot Repairers In Town. Gents' Boots-Soled and Heeled as 6d Ladies' Ditto do. rs 6d Children's Ditto do. from iod Visitors' Boots Repaired while you wait. Please note our only Address in Rhyl- 825 3 MARKET STREET Established 1840. JAMES DO WELL & SON, Furnishing Ironmongers, Wellington Road, Rhyl. For alljkinds of BRUSHES and every HOUSE HOLD REQUISITES the Inhabitants of Rhyl and district will find this House to their advantage. RoyalDaylight s White Rose Oil Always In Stock, And Delivered in any Quantity. INCANDESCENT GAS 9" LAMP CHIMNEYS. ALSO GAS AND LAMP GLOBES. 256 PHOTOGRAPHY t ERNEST JONES, Vale of Clwyd Studio, 27, QUEEN ST., IRRYL. Best Work. Orders promptly compfeted