WANTED, TO LET, &c. WANTED, respectable men to represent a well- known London publisher, of English and Welsh Family Bibles, and other standard works of sterling merit, and also of first-class fac-similies of paintings by eminent artists, in every parish throughout North and South Wales. Hereford, and Monmouth. The books are clearly printed, richly illustrated, and handsomely bound, and the pictures attractively framed. They are both issued to subscribers on the easy payment system, as well as for cash.—Apply for catalogues and terms, 6, Welling- ton Crescent, Welshpool. TO SADDLERS^Wanted, good HARNESS ;ind COLLAR MAKER.—Apply to THOMAS ROBERTS, Bank Buildings, Dolgelley. OV^RSEERforPKlNTING OFFICE WANTED. —He must be well up in News and Jobbing, and able to give estimates, &c. None need apply who cannot produce unexceptional references. Situation permanent for a good and experienced man, and good salary will be paid to an efficient man. Preference will be given to a person having knowledge of English and Welsh.—Apply to OVERSEER, care of Mr. Berrington, Bookseller, Rhyl, stating age, experience, present and past situations, and how long in each, with full particulars. 0 IV-AITEPS. -WANT ED, at the Devil's Bridge JL Hotel, a Waiter, for the Season.—Apply to Mr. JOHN JAMES, London and Provincial Stores, Aberystwyth. (J GROCERS- ASSISTANTS.—WANTED, a Good Hand.—Apply to Mr. JOHN JAMES, London and Provincial Stores, Aberystwyth. RESIDENCE at the seaside, Aberystwyth. Part or whole of a furnished house on the Marine Parade. Terms very moderate.—Apply, Lucy, Cambrian News Office, Aberystwyth. ABERYSTWYTH, CARDIGANSHIRE. To Drapers, Grocers, Italian Warehousemen, and others requiring large space and commanding central position. TO BE LET, either yearly or on lease, the exten- sive corner premises, with two very large plate glass frontages, No. 9, PIER-STREET, ABERYSTWYTH, where a high class and lucrative Drapery Business was carried on by the late Mr/Hugh Davies and his prede- cessor for upwards of half a century. Suitable for any description of business, being in the best and most central position in the town. Fixtures to be taken at a valuation. —Apply to Mr. G. T. SMITH, Auctioneer and General Valuer, Aberystwyth. TO BE~LET, NO. 2_ H E NDlUi^'I i, L AS, contain- ing one Drawing-room, one Sitting-room, six Bed- rooms also one Parlour, Kitchen, Back-kitchen, and W.C.—For further particulars enquire of Mr. JOHN EVANS, Market Hall, Barmouth. HAY.—A large quantity of well-harvested Hay FOR SALE (cheap), delivered at Towyn Railway Stat;on.-Apply to Mr. OWEN DANIEL, Towyn. MERIONETH, ON THE VERGE OF MONT- GOMERYSHIRE. TO BE SOLD BY PRIVATE CONTRACT, CLEIVION," one of the most beautiful villa resi- dences in Wales, about three quarters of a mile from Mawddwyrailwaystation,and ten niiuutes'walk from Mall- wyd church, between 90 and 100 acres, looking down the Dovey and up the romantic Cleivion salmon and sewin rivers (bounded southward by the latter), nearly three miles ef paths and drives. The Villa has a pleasing ele- vation, extensive lawn with flower beds and borders. It is planted with many flourishing specimen trees and shrubs (some rare), four glasshouses, a range of forcing pits, three-stalled stable and coach-house, lodge, a fancy farm, woods, plantations, &c. For further particulars, and permission to view:, apply to Messrs. HOWELL and MORGAN, Solicitors, Machynlleth, oron the premises. Six photographs of interesting objects on the premises may be seen. TO LET, MELINDWR HOUSE, Goginan, 7 miles from Aberystwyth, containing entrance hall, dining and drawing rooms, kitchens, pantry, dairy, five bed- rooms, and-w.c., with stable and coach-house, cow house, &c., and a good gardeli.-Apply to H. H. OAKES, King- street, Aberystwyth. FURNISHED HOUSE TO LET, containing dining room and 4 bedrooms, kitchen and back kitchen. Near the seaside. With or without attendance.-—Apply, Mrs. DREW, Morfa House, Towyn, Merionethshire. TO BE LET, at Aberystwyth, an Old-established, Full-licensed Corner PUBLIC HOUSE, doing about CF300 yearly very low rent good-will, fittings, and furniture, £ 150. Bare opportunity. Cause of leaving, death in family.—Apply VICTUALLER, "Cambrian News Office, 3, Qaeeri's-road, Aberystwyth. TO CABINET MAKERS, JOINERS, PRINTERS, &c. TO BE SOLD-A BARGAIN. A2-HQRSE-POWER Otto and Langen's AT- MOSPHERIC GAS ENGINE, with all the latest improvements. It is in excellent working condition, equal to new. Owner is obliged to part with it in consequence of his increased business requiring a more powerful engine. —Apply, personally or by letter (enclosing stamped en- velope), to R. LLOYD, Cabinet Maker, Portmadoc. ARTHOG^FURNISHED APARTMENTS at Bron Meirion, near Barmouth. It contains two sitting rooms, and five bedrooms is situated within a few minutes'walk to Barmouth Junction commands splendid sea and mountain scenery. Reasonable terms.-Apply to LEWIS MORGAN, Arthog, Dolgelley. SALES BY AUCTION. MERIONETHSHIRE. THE CAETHLE ESTATE, situate in the parish of Towyn, and recently forming an important part of ^the Ynys-y-maea-gwyn Estates, together with two detacned FARMS, known as Braich-yr-henllys and Bronffynon, comprising together about 1,500 acres. To be Sold by Auction, unless previously disposed of by private treaty, by MR. OWEN- DANIEL, at the Cambrian Hotel, Towyn, Merioneth, On THURSDAY, the 20th day of JUNE, 1878, At Two for Three o'clock prompt. All those highly valuable FREEHOLD FARMS known as Caethle, Fadfa, Pant-yr-owen, Nantcynog, Ty'n- y-cornel, Murpoetli, Erwporthor, Hafod, and Penybont, together with the Melyn Llyn Pair Lead Mine and Cot- tages, Farm Buildings, Woods, and Plantations, contain- ing in the whole an area of about 1,200 acres. The leasehold ground rents on Caethle Mill and Riverslea Villa producing £ 41 15s. per annum, together with 7 acres of Land adjoining. The Cambrian Hotel, a first-class Commercial and Family Hotel and plot of Building Land adjoining. A commodious Dwelling House, recently in the occupation of the London and Provincial Bank, situate in High- street, in Towyn. Farm called Braich-yr-henllys, containing an area of 87a. Ir. 6p. Farm called Bronffynon containing an Lrea of 113a 3r. 17p. Leasehold Ground Rents and Cottages at Bryncrug. The above compact Freehold Estate, charmingly situated one and a half miles from Towyn, and two and a half miles from Aberdovey Railway Stations, with the Cam- brian Railway running through a portion of the Estate, overlooking Cardigan Bay, commanding extensive views of the most picturesque scenery, comprises about 1,200 acres, in a ring feiice. Towyn, and the district immediately surrounding it, is well known ae being one of the .most healthy of the towns in Wales, and the Estate is situate in what is known to tourists as the Happy Valley." „ The Estate possesses advantages altogether unsurpassed as a Residential Estate of great .prospective value, being beautifully studded with timber, affording a most excel- lent cover for game, whilst the trout stream of Afon Faethlon" runs through the Estate, which is intersected by ° A part of the Estate called Vaenol will also be offered for sale as divided into Lots for Villa Sites and Bunding purposes. i Full particulars with plans will shortly be ready anu can be obtained at the offices of the AUCTIONEER, High- street, Towyn, of Messrs. THOMAS BROOK and NEPHEW, Surveyors, 28, John William-street, Huddersfield, or ot Messrs. LAYCOCK, DYSON and LAYCOCK, solicitors, hucl- dersfield. ~j,uiiESTATE, TOWYN, MERIONETH, To BE SOLD BY AUCTION, BY MR, OWEN DANIEL, at the Cambrian Hotel, Towyn, On THURSDA. Y, JUNE 20th, 1878, Immediately following- the Sale of the Caethle Estate as advertised above, -L7 IN" BUILDING PLOTS, The Valuable FREEHOLD ESTATE of VAENOL, •charmingly situated, overlooking Cardigan Bay, and com- man ding extensive and most romantic views of the Merionethshire Hills, within five minutes' walk of the Towyn Beach and Pier, and. close to the Towyn station on the Cambrian Railways. The Plots have an area of one-quarter acre to two acre! each, with good road frontages, and offer unusual advan- ta^es to Builders and Investors dehiiouH of erecting Villas and Dwelling Houses, in the most aesirable part of this rapidly rising Health Resort and S\ ^er\rl" '\a(: y Particulars and Plans may be obtained at the Offices of the AUCTIONEER, High-street, Towyn of }esn. IHOS. BROOK and NEPHEW", Surveyors, 2K, John NVillilin-treet. Huddersfield; or of LAYCOCK, DYSON, and LAYCOCK, Solicitors, Huddersfield. SALES BY AUCTION "A.r,r- SMITHFIELD. ABERYSTWYTH. MONTHLY SALES OF LIVE STOCK, IMPLE- MENTS, &c. 1\TR. G. T. SMITH begs respectfully to announce -LVJL that he will hold Monthly Sales of Cattle, Horses, Sheep, Pigs, Agricultural Implements, Carriages, &c., in the Smithfield, Aberystwyth, on the FIRST MONDAY IN EVERY MONTH, At Twelve o'clock. ENTRIES FOR THE SALE ON MONDAY, Jcxe 3, Respectfully solicited, To be sent in at least a week previous to sale, to be in- cluded in catalogues and advertisements. TERMS —2| per cent. on amount sold and a small fixed Entry Fee for unsold lots, to meet expenses. Jfir SETTLEMENT ON THURSDAY AFTER SALE. SMITHFIELlTrAiiffIlYST\VYTlL Sale on MONDA Y Next. MR. G. T. SMITH will Sell by Auction, On MONDA Y, ■Ml JUNE, 187S, At Twelve o'clock (noon), a Handsome, Compact, DARK BROWN COB, 4 years old, 14 hands high, by WILD CHARLIE, out of a fast-trotting If-are. TEiNIPEltANCE ABERYSTWYTH. Important Sale of Superior HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE. MR. G. T. SMITH has been instructed to Sell by Auction, On TUESDA Y and WEDNESDA Y, the 4th and 5th days of JUNE, 187S, At Six o'clock in the Evening, the whole of the useful and Modern HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE, and other Effects, removed from No. 9a., Queen's-road for convenience of Sale Comprising mahogany bookcase with glazed front, pictures and engravings, pier glasses, easy chair with reading easel, mahogany and other easy and arm chairs, dining and drawing-room ditto, cane-seated, fold- ing, Windsor, and other ditto, mahogany telescope dining table with extra leaves, oblong, loo, work, occasional, and other tables, Brussels and Kidderminster carpets, hearth- rugs, skin ditto, floorcloth, mats, matting, fenders, fire- irons, coal scuttles, window curtains and blinds, couches and sofas, chimney vases, brackets, and other ornamental items feather beds, bolsters, pillows, hair, wool, and other mattresses,. straw palliasses, a large variety of counterpanes, quilts, blankets, sheets, towels, toilet covers, and table and house linen, superior toilet glasses, chamberware, mahogany and other chests of drawers, dressing tables, washing stands, commodes, towel rails, handsome mahogany Arabian bedstead, Iron and brass- mounted ditto, hat and umbrella stand, stair rods, baro- meter, rare old china tea and coffee service, dinner ditto, other China articles, choice assortment of glass, electro- plated cruet-stajads, pickle frames, spoons, forks, &c., plate baskets, Sheffield cutlery, dish covers, glass cup- board, kitchen tables and chairs, steps, a large assortment of cooking utensils, water filter, and a great variety of other useful and miscellaneous articles. This Sale presents a most favourable opportunity to those who are desirous of adding to and completing their furnishing arrangements for the summer season, every- thing being in excellent condition, and to be Sold without reserve. J Three months' credit on purchases above E,-), on approved security. ABERYST W YTiL MR. G. T. SMITH has been instructed by the re- presentatives of the late Mrs. Roberts, to Sell by Auction, On THURSDA Y, the Cth day of JUNE, 1878, At Six o'clock in the Evening, the very superior and nearly new HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE, at No. 8, Queen's- terrace, Queen's-road, Aberystwyth. DI-NING -ilooit.-Suite, in Spanish mahogany and leather, consisting of couch, lady's and gentleman's ea&y chairs, and 6 single ditto; mahogany extending dining-table, with two extra leaves massive mahogany enclosed side- board, with handsome carved back mahogany card or oc- casional table, fender, fire-irons, Brussels carpet, select engravings, and 3 oil paintings on copper, in gilt frames, one after Gerard Douw. HALL: Mahogany marble- topped table, 2 mahogany hall chairs, barometer, ma- hogany hat and umbrella stand, floorcloth, mats, stair carpet and rods. LIBRARY Oak table, mahogany book- case and secretaire, mahogany invalid's easy or reclining chair, sofa, set of 6 mahogany chairs, upholstered in leather, carpet and hearthrug. DRAWING-ROOM A very superior oval walnut loo table and cover, suite in walnut and leather, consisting of elegant couch or lounge, another couch in mahogany and leather, 2 easy and 6 other chairs, folding screen, handsome pier-glass in gilt frame, Brussels carpet, fender and fire-irons. BEDROOMS The appoint- ments of 6 bedchambers, including 2 very handsome and massive carved mahogany Arabian bedsteads, iron, French, and folding ditto, straw palliasses, flock, wool, and hair mattresses, superior toilet glasses, mahogany washing stands, with marble tops, ditto with enamelled slate top, mahogany and other dressing-tables, chests of drawers and towel rails, carpets, cane and other chairs, bath, and very superior chamber ware KITCHENS, PANTRIES, &C.: Elegant china tea and coffee service, china, glass, and crockery, cruet stands, patent mangle, copper and other coal scuttles, tables and chairs, filter, cooking utensils, cutlery, clothes-horse, buckets, pans, &c. Also on SA TURDA Y, JUNE 8, At 2 o'clock in the Afternoon, at CEFNHENDRE HALL, near Aberystwyth, saddle, bridle, harness, handsome Waggonette and Basket Carriage, rakes, baskets, tubs, butter pans and moulds, cheese vats, forks, spades, tins, bench and vice, oil cans and oil, iron pots, beehives, tool chest and tools, grindstone, table and trestles, chaff- cutter, corn bin, weighing machine, scythe, &c. Three months' credit on all purchases above JE5, on approved security. CARDIGANSHIRE. SALE OF VALUABLE FREEHOLD PROPERTY. MR. G. T. SMITH has been instructed to offer for Sale by Auction, On TUESDAY, JUNE 11th, 1878, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon (subject to conditions), at the Talbot Hotel, in the town of Tregaron, the following valuable and well-situated FREEHOLD FARMS :— b No. 1, ABERCARVAN, In the parish of Llanddewi Breti, consisting of 140 acres of enclosed Arable and Meadow Land, on the bank of the celebrated river Teify, on the road to Lampeter, and a mile and a half from Tregaron. With it will be sold its Sheep and Cattle Pasture, on which usually graze 300 or 400 sheep; distant from Abercarvan House about a mile and half. The Manchester and' Milford Railway passes through, and Llanio Station is distant 1 mile. No. 2, CWMBREEI, In the parish of Llanddewi Breli, a Mountain Farm, con- sisting of enclosed Arable and Meadow Land, together with grazing liberties attached, amounting, according- to the Tithe Apportionment Map," to 421a. lr. 33p. Distant from Tregaron three miles south. No. 3, PENDDOLFAWI;, In the parishes of Caron and Gwnnws, consists of G3a. 5r. lOp. of rich Arable and Pasture fields, through which the river Teify passes. Distance from Strata Florida Station of the Manchester and Milford Railway, 2b miles. No. 4, PEXLAN, In the parish of Gwnnws, consisting of 229a. 2r. 19p. of Arable and Pasture Land. including 40 acres of Oak Wood of 18 years' growth. It abounds with Game, as the ad- joining land has been for years, and is now, strictly pre- served. The Manchester and -Milford Railway passes through it, and theTrawscoed Station is distant two miles and Aberystwyth 10 miles. Further particulars may be had of Messrs. HnnI HecHEs and SONS, Solicitors; or, the AUCTIONEER, Aberystwyth. IN LIQUIDATION. RE EDWARD WHITFIELD, IRONMONGER, &c., OSWALD-ROAD, OSWESTRY. IMPORTANT UNRESERVED SALE Upon the Premises as above of the whole of the Valu- able, Recently Purchased Stock of FURNISHING and BLILDERS' IRONMONGERY, including ex- pensive Metallic Bedsteads, Gas Fittings, Sewing Machines, Ornamental Iron .Fenders, Electro-plated Wares, an immense assortment of Copper, Japanned, and Tin Goods, Cutlery, Lamps, Meat Safes, Costly Register and other Grates, Kitchen Ranges, Mantelpieces, Stoves, Cabinet Brasswork in great variety, Scales and Weights, Sheffield and Lan- cashire Tools, Spades, Forks, and Shovels, Builders' Ironmongery, Brushes, Sheet India Rubber, and Pack- ing, Iron and Steel Wrought, Cut, Horse, and Slate Nails. Cart Arms and Boxes, Oils, Paints, Colors, "V arnishos, and numerous other important Effects. The Sale will al"o include the expensive Shop and Warehouse fixtures and Fittings, Wrought Iron Oil Tanks, and Cisterns, Patent Platform Weighing Machine to weigh 6 evi't., &c., &e., by MESSRS. HOWELL & GARLAND, on THURS- l DAY, FRIDAY, and SATURDAY Next, MAY 30TH & 31ST, and JUNE 1ST. Sale each day at Eleven o'clock. Catalogues at the Offices of Mr. E. WIGNALL, Accoun- tant, Colmore row, Birmingham Mr. WILLIAM WILLIAMS, Accountant, Salop-road, Osv/estry or of the AUCTIONEER, 34, Bennetts-hill, Birmingham, and Smeth- SALES BY AUCTION. "J'A..rI. MONTHLY SALES. ABERYSTWYTH SMITHFIELD. MR. E. J. MORGAN, Auctioneer, begs to state that he will have monthly sales of Live and Dead Stock in the Smithfield on Aberystwyth Fair Days. The next Sale will be held on ■MONDAY JUNES, at One o'clock. Entries and applications for terms to be sent to Mr. E. J. MORGAN, auctioneer, Penllwyn. TOWYN, ON CARDIGAN BAY, MERIONETH, NORTH WALYS. The Freehold Residential Domain of Ynys-y-Maengwyn, containing about 1,478 acres, situate in the parish of Towyn, in Merionethshire, on the borders of Cardigan Bay, and in the midst of a district celebrated for its magnificent scenery and salubrious clinaate, lies (with the exception of a mountain sheepwalk) within a ring fence, bounded on the north by the river Dysynni, and extends southwardly to the mountain range, which runs eastwards from near Cardigan Bay to Lake Tal-y-llyn, at the foot of Cader Idris," about ten miles distant, embracing large tracts of valuable Arable, Meadow, and Pasture Lands in the Dysynni Valley, and extensive Sheepwalks on the adjacent mountain range. The MANSION, a commodious Stone-built Residence, of commanding elevation, contains a magnificent Central Hall (42ft. by 2oft.), surrounded by the Reception Rooms, over which are the six Principal Bedrooms, and in two detached wings are the Secondary Apartments, Private and Domestic Offices, possessing all the con- veniences necessary for a well-ordered establishment. Large sums have been recently expended in improving the buildings, and the principal apartments have been renovated and decorated in the most elegant manner by Messrs. Jackson and Graham, the celebrated London upholsterers, in studied unison with the architecture. The FURNITURE, also by Messrs. Jackson and Graham, is most exquisite in design, and unsurpassed in quality and workmanship. It is practically new, having been recently supplied to the owner with a view to his con- tinuous residence there, and is in admirable order, and in perfect harmony with the elegant surroundings. This may be taken at the option of the purchaser of the Mansion, together with the fixtures, which are en suite, at a valuation. The Gardens and Pleasure Grounds are tastefully dis- posed in lawns,partcrres, terraces, and shrubberies of remarkably luxuriant and varied growth, and these, to- gether with the Stables, Coach-houses, Gardener's and other Cottages, Kennels, Poultry-houses, Outbuildings, and Yards, are surrounded and protected by well-grown Plantations, with Rookery, and by park-like lnclosures of rich meadow and pasture land, beautifully diversi- fied, being studded with fine timber, and having a sheet of ornamental water, with islet in the foreground. The Estate, with the Mansion, presents one of the most unique residences for a family of wealth and distinction, with a Sporting Estate, affording good cover for game, which has been continuously preserved excellent wild fowl shooting, and salmon, sewin, trout, and other fish- ing in the river Dysvnni, which flows near to the man- sion, the Boat-house being approached from the Pleasure Grounds. Cardigan Lay is within two miles, and accessible for yachting, thus affording independent means of communication with Aberystwyth, Aberdovey, and Barmouth, and of indulging in this fashionable pastime. The FARMS include Ysguhoriau (the Home Farm), Hendy with Llechwedd, Bryn-y-Castell, and Cii-y-Parc, which are held on annual tenancies, and Pen-y-Wern and Cynfal, which are held under leases terminable respec- tively in 1879 and 1880. The Ynys Water Corn Mill is also on the estate, and, to- gether with about 13 acres of Land, is held under a lease which terminates in 1888. The numerous smaller holdings of Pall Mall and Picca- dilly, close to Towyn, on the turnpike road to Dolgelley, and valuable Accommodation Lands near thereto, and to the Hamlet of Bryn Craig. Also, a detached Freehold Estate of about 4G acres, called Tyddyn-y-Pandy," including the Flannel Mill and Cottages thereon, about 23 acres of Arable and Grass Land, and nearly 17 acres of Mountain Sheepwalk; now under lease, and nearly G acres of Ffrydd, held on yearly tenancy; together with the dead-rent of B2 per annum, and the Royalty of l-16th reserved in the lease of the Slate Quarry thereon. Also, the detached Freehold Estate of "Dolgoch," com- prising the homestead and about 125 acres of surround- ing arable and grass lands, and the adjacent sheepwalk of about 103 acres, held on yearly tenancy together with the dead-rent of C30 per annum, and the royalty of l-16th reserved in the lease of the slate quarry there- on. The Slate Quarries at Tyddyn-y-Pandy and Dolgoch are both now developed at great expense to the companies to which they are let, and it is expected they will soon be actively worked. The Tal-y-llyn Railway intersects both estates at a convenient level for discharging slates, which the Railway Company is bound to convey to the junction with the Cambrian Railway at Towyn at Lid. 2 per ton per mile. There is a station upon each estate. The whole of the Estates are abundantly supplied with water of the purest quality, not only affording ample supply for live stock and for domestic purposes, but also power for thrashing, pulping, and other operations, which is utilized upon most of the farms, and also for grinding at Ynys Mill. MESSRS. EDDISON and TAYLOR will offer for -iyL Sale by Auction, at the Mart, Tokenhouse-yard, London, On WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26th, 1878, at two o'clock p.m. precisely, subject to conditions to be then produced, the FREEHOLD RESIDENTIAL DOMAIN of Ynys-y-Maengwyn," comprising 1,478a.. 3r. 28p., together with the mansion, farms, and property as above described,in one lot, and in separate lots the farms of Dolgoch and Tyddyn-y-Pandy. The domain is peculiarly eligible for subdivision into lots, and in the event of a sale not being effected, the MANSION, with its pleasure grounds, gardens, planta- tions, and shrubberies, cottages, stables, coach-house kennels, and the park-like inclosures surrounding, com- prising about 180 acres, will be then offered in one lot, and the farms, mill, accommodation lands, &c., in other seventeen lots, or such others as may be decided upon at the time of sale. The mansion and grounds may be viewed by cards only. Detailed particulars, with plans and views, may be seen at the principal hotels in the district, or may be had of Mr. John Eddisen, Land Surveyor and Estate Auctioneer, Royal Exchange, Leeds, and High-street, Huddersfield (Eddison and Taylor); or of Messrs. WILLIAMS, JAMES, and WASON, Solicitors, 62, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London. NOTE.—The remainder of the Corbet Estates, situate at Towyn and Aberdovey, and comprising the farms of Esguan, Maesllefrith, Tyddynrhys-y-Gader, &c. the Corbet Arms Hotel atTowyn, and AccommodationLands, extending thence to Pall Mall; several shops and cottages, and also the ground rents with reversionary interests in numerous properties, will be offered for sale at Towyn about August next. TOWYN, MERIONETHSHIRE. TO BE LET FOR A TERM OF YEARS. IMPORTANT TO HOTEL KEEPERS, SCHOOL- MASTERS, AND OTHERS. The Valuable Freehold Property at Towyn, comprising the first-class premises called NEPTUNE HAL beautifully situated on the Welsh coast. To be let for a term of years by MESSRS. WM. DEW SON, the above magni- ficent and well arranged premises, together with the gardens and outbuildings. The arrangements are replete with every accommodation for a FIRST CLASS HOTEL, FIRST CLASS HOTEL, are equally well adapted for any Public or Scholastic institution. For terms, further particulars, and cards to view, apply to H. H. POOLE, Esq., 58, Bartholomew Close, London, or Messrs. W. DEW & SON, Auctioneers, Bangor and Town Hall, Rhyl. MERIONETHSHIRE. DESIRABLE FREEHOLD FARM. To BE SOLD BY AUCTION, BY MR. LEWIS WILLIAMS, at the Golden Lion Hotel, Dolgelley, On PRIDA Y, MA Y 81, 18,8, At Four o'clock in the Afternoon precisely, all that compact and desirable Freehold Farm, called' 'TY CANOL," situate in the parish of Llanymawddy, in the county of Merioneth, now in the occupation of Mr. Evan Evans, containing by estimation 58a. Ir. 22p. of capital Arable and Pasture Land, together with the exclusive right of pasturage over an excellent Sheepwalk, containing G88a.lr. 3(Jp., adjoining thereto. The buildings are suitable and convenient, and the house in good repair., The Property is distant five miles from Dinas Mawddy, twelve miles from Bala, and fllwca imlcs iroin elley. The Property may be viewed on application to the Tenant, and for further particulars apply to the Auc- TIONEER, Dolgelley, or to Mr. G. D. HARRISON, Solicitor, Welshpool. TO BE SOLD BY PRIVATE TREATY QUEEN'S SQUARE HOUSE, Aberystwyth, now iu the occupation of Professor Ethe.—For further par- ticulars apply to Messrs. ATWCOD and SON, Solicitors, Aberystwyth. -A 11-1 il BUSINESS ADDRESSES. ABERYSTWYTH; 'J'r'- "J'.T'f" '-1"J" -J' ">I" SEWING MACHINES! SEWING fÅCHINES J GREAT REDUCTION IN PRICES. FEW Hand and Treadle Machines U, be disposed of for saearly half price. -L Warranted in working order. One machine for Bootmakers, worth" new Es 10s- ior 1:3 15s. Early call to secure a bargain. MACHINES ON HIRE. EVAN MORGAN, "Drapery Establishment, 21, Great Darkgate-Street, Aberystwyth. PIANOFORTES! HARMONIUMS! From 20 guineas te 150 guineas. From 4 guineas to 1J)() gnmem. CATALOGUES POST FREE. f j | j 1 r CATALOGUES POST FRFi-ili. FOR SALE OR HIRE, ON MODERATE TERMS, AT J. EVANS'S, (ORGANIST, ST. MICHAEL'S CHURCH), 8% PIER-STREET, ABERYSTWYTH. Agent for CHAPPELL & CO.'s PRIZE MEDAL PIANOFORTE, and ALEXANDRE'S IMPROVED HARMONIUMS. NEW MUSIC HALF-PRICE. PIANOFORTES AND HARMONIUMS TUNED. ELLIS AND OWEN, ABERYSTWYTH PLAIN AND ENAMEL SLATE AND MARBLE WORKS, MANUFACTURERS of Enamelled and Plain Slate Chimney Pieces, Baths, Cisterns, Milk Coolers, Headstones, Urinals, Mangers, Cattle Troughs, Dairy, Larder, and Wine Cellar Shelves; Window Sills, Door Steps, Hearth Stones, Flooring, Skirtings, and every description of Plain and Enamelled Slate Work. CRESTS, &c., ENAMELLED ON KEYSTONES OF CHIMNEY PIECES. Designs of every description executed to order. An Artist sent to take Views when required. K3~ The First Prize for Slate Carving was awarded to this Firm, both at the Chester Exhibition (1866), and the Carmarthen Exhibition (1867), of the National Eisteddfod of Wales. RELIANCE HOUSE, GREAT DARKGATE-STREET, (Opposite the Meat Market.) WILLIAM PROBIN, WORKING LAPIDARY, JEWELLER, AND SILVERSMITH, BEGS to inform the Gentry, Inhabitants, and Visitors of Aberystwyth, that he has now on hand a well- -D selected Stock of Diamond Rings, Wedding Rings, Signet Rings, and Gem Rings. Bright and coloured Gold Jewellery, in all its branches, made upon the premises. Every article warranted. Also a large Stock of Whitby Jet and Bog Oak Ornaments. Old Gold and Silver purchased. Wholesale and Retail Dealer in New and Second-hand Plate. ESTABLISHED IN THE YEAR 1820. WILLIAM JULIAN, WHOLESALE AND RETAIL GROCER, TEA, COFFEE, PROVISION AND FLOUR DEALER, 10, NORTH PARADE, ABERYSTWYTH. A constant supply of First-Class Australian Preserved Meats, Labrador Salmon, LobstelCS, Sardines, &e. HOME-CURED BACON AND HAMS. A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF CROSSE AND BLACKWELLS GOODS. T. POWELL & CO., MARKET-STREET, ABERYSTWYTH, 1 BEG tocall the attention of Farmers to their large stock of AGRICULTURAL SEEDS, which theyolferfor Ready Money only, at the following prices :—Red Clover, 6?id. and 7kl. per lb.; Cowgrass, Sd. and 9d. per lb.; Ryegrass, 3s., 4s., and 5s. per bushel; Vetches, 7s. per bushel. Alvske, Dutch, Timothy, Trefoil, Swede, Turnip, and Mangold, at equally low prices. MARCH 22, 1878. FIRE AND THIEF PROOF SAFES, SUPERIOR WROUGHT-IRON STEEL INTERSECTED, MANUFACTURED BY THE, SICKER SAFE AND STRONG ROOM COMPANY, LIMITED. SOLE AGENTS FOR ABERYSTWYTH AND THE DISTRICT- M. H. DAVIS, BRIDGE-STREET AND QUEEN- STREET. PORTMADOC. E VANS AND LEWIS, WHOLESALE DRAPERS AND WINE MERCHANTS, PORT MADOC, BEG to inform their numerous Customers and the Public generally, that they have just returned from the ENGLISH MARKETS, where they have made unusual extensive purchases of the most FASHIONABLE GOODS in STYLE and TEXTURE in EVERY DEPARTMENT, for the COMING SEASON, and that their SHOW-ROOM Is Now Ready for Inspection, where an Early Visit is respectfully solicited. PS—FOR THE ACCOMMODATION OF CUSTOMERS ACCOMPLISHED MILLINERS, AS WELL AS A FIRST CLASS CUTTER, ARE KEPT ON THE PREMISES. RICHARD JONES and SONS, ENGINEERS, IRON AND BRASS FOUNDERS, QUARRY WAGGON MAKERS, &c., MADOC IRONWORKS, PORTMADOC. BEG most respectfully to state, for the information of Quairy Proprietors, and the Public generally, that they are prepared to undertake the manufacture of Machinery, Quarry Waggons, &c., and they hope by good workmanship, and the Prompt Execution of all Orders entrusted to their care, to merit and retain the patronage of their Customers. LAND ORDER I ,I t z Are granted by the Agent- General for South Australia, to all persons approved as suitable, who are in sound health, and have not previously resided in Australia. They must pay their own pas- sage,3, and proceed DIRECT to ADELAIDE, South Australia, and reside in the Colony for two years. WARRANTSvS^JIO • i Forms of Application and other information may be obt:r.cd from THE AGENT-GENERAL rJ: JfOUTil AUSTRALIA, S. Victoria Chambers, Westminstc-r, London. EDUCATION BRYNARVOR HALL SCHOOL, T-oWYN. PRINCIPAL :— Mr 3DWIN JONES, M.R.C.P, Assisted by -qrab'fied RESIDENT MASTERS for Classics, English, Mathematics, Modern Langripges, Music' &c. BRYNARVOR HALL, commodious aii-l veil- -L* fitted, has been specially erected for the accommoda- tion and tuition of boarders. It is beautifully situated in an eminently healthy locality, with extensive plav-ronnds, cricket field, an-d ,-ardens attached, altogether making the finest and most desirable school premises in the Princi- pality. Pupils are prepared for the various; examinations con- nected with the piiversities and colleges, for the learned professions, banking and commercial pursuits. Classes are ltdi in connection with ike Sciencc and Art Department, the examiiicttions beiny held in May in each 'tear. The school year consists of three Term; The SPRIXG TERM commences on the 18th instant. FOR TERIIS, &c., APPLY TO THE PRIXCIPAL ARDWYN SCHOOL, ABERYSTWYTH. Head Master—The Rev. LLEWELYN EDWARDS, M.A., of Lincoln College, Oxford, and Graduate in Classical Honours. Second Master—J. F. TYE. Esq. Mr. Tye has recently passed the First Examination for the li. A. Degree in the University of London. 0 Third Master—L. PROSSER, Esq., C.M., M.R.C.P. Fourth Nlaster-W. L. HAWKI-NS, Esq., A.A. TERMS.- — For Boarders.from 40 to 45 guineas per annum Day Scholars. ü" 8 The school re-opened on Monday, January 14th. 1878. "GWELL DYSG XA GOLCD." A D I E S' COLLEGIATE K C 71 O O L -LJ ABERYSTWYTH. Principal, Mrs. E. Marie Jones, (F. C. College, Glasgow and wife of the Rev. E. P. Jones. M.A.,) as-d=ted by masters and a staff of qualified English and foreig-a teachers. i.vP^pil-s :ire PrePared for the Local, the Civil Service and the 1 raining Colleges Preliminary Examinations. Commodious Premises, with a Croqviet Lawn, and so situated, as to enable the pupils to enjoy b-th sea and mountain air. The Principal devotes her whol" time and individual attention to the intellectual, moral ana physical training of the pupils. A TRAINING CLASS FOR GOVERNESSES. Term BEGAN April 8th, 1878. BRIGHTON HOUSE, ABERYSTWYTH. PREPARATORY SCHOOL FOR YOUNG BOYS. LADY-PRINCIPAL—MRS. H. N. GRDILEY, Assisted by Resident Masters and Governesses. THE Second Term for 1S7S Commences on Wednesday, the 1st of .May. Prospectuses may be had on application ':n Mrs. GRIMLEY, Brighton House, Marine Terrace, Ttwyth. CAERLEON HOUSE. SCHOOL FOR YOUNG LADIES. ABERYSTWYTH. MISS TRUBSHAW informs her friend" and the ItJ. public that the duties of her School werf RESUMED on Thursday, January 24th, 1878. The pre- sent quarter began on April 4th. Pupils prepared for the Oxford and Cambridge local ex aminations. A resident French Governess. MAENGWYN GRAMMAR SCHOOL. MACHYNLLETH. Conducted by Mr. J. OWEN, late Inspector of Schools for the British and Foreign School Society, and Tutor at the Society's Training College, Swansea. THE course of study comprises the usual branches -L of a classical, professional, and commercial educa- tion. Pupils prepared for the universities and for the preliminary examinations of the various professions. kc., &c. Special advantages for pupils wishing to enter the University College of Wales, the Theological Colleges, or the Government Training Colleges. The methods of in- struction are the most modern and approved, and are based on thoroughly scientific principles. Terms aad prospectuses may be had on application. School RE-OPENED January 22nd. SEVERN GROVE ACADEMY, LLANIDLOES. A DAY and BOARDING SCHOOL for young ladies and gentlemen. PRINCIPAL: MR. HUGH JER'-NIA'-N-, -N". C. P., C.M. Certificated by the Society of Arts and the Science and Art Department, Prizeman and Medalist of the National and other Listed-lfodau, late seven years Master of the Well Grammar School. Modern Languages taught by a thoroughly qualified Assistant. The young ladies are in a separate apartment, under Mrs. Jerman's supervision. Pupils prepared for the University, Law, Medical. Civil Service, College of Preceptors, and other Examina- tions. Re-union, January 21st. Prospectuses on application. DRAWING SCHOOL, PDiR-STKEET \_BKH- YSTWYTH. FREEIAXD, Model Drawing, and the Antique, on Tuesday and Fridav forenoons. Paintin0* in oil or water on Mondays, from ten till twelve. Children's classes on V ednesday and Saturday afternoons. Addi- tional classes may be formed and private lessons given, if desired. Particulars as to terms, &c., on application to Miss VERXOX DAYYs, Cheltenham House, Pier-street, Aberystwyth. ABERYSTWYTH GRAMMAR SCHOOL. • FOCXDED IN 1812. Trustees—Rev. Canon Phillips, Sir Pryse Pryse. Bart., Thomas Bonsall, Esq., Rev. John Pugh, Vaughan Davies, Esq., and George Williams, t- sq. Head Master—EDWARD JONES, Goi-ernment Science Master (in honours of the University of London. &c.) Second Master—T. JONES, Esq., prizeman, A.G.S. Third Master—T. CHARLES, Esq. Pupil Teacher-Master WILKINSON, Ditton Priors vicarage. Salop. Out of eight candidates from this School atexaminatiors held in connection with South Kensington, six gaintvl Queen's Prizes. One of these holds now at Cambridge a scholarship and exhibitions of the annual value of 1:130. Another a scholarship at Jesus College, Oxford, of the value of j680 a year. For a list of successes at Oxford, Cambridge, and St. David's College, Lampeter, during the last year. and for Report of the Examiners, apply to the HEAD MASTER, Jasper House, Aberystwyth. The Head Master receives a few boarders. Termsffrom £ 45 to £60. School RE-OPENS on Tuesday, the 22ud ÚL,t. GUNS, RIFLES, AND REVOLVERS: BREECHLOADING GUNS From 58- ROOK AND RABBIT RIFLES FronioT SIX-SHOT REVOLVERS From jT TICEHURST CO., Victoria Buildings, Temple Row, Birmingham. TO CONTRACTORS AND BUILDERS. \°pTX^nlIinr:'r,1excellpnt c;u-o OI PITCH selected 011- f«*» Uarie„CarefullT A Cargo of FLOOR BOARDS, planed and souare- jointed. V erv c.ean and well manufactured. Worthy of inspection.—June, 1877. c,rvr-»T>-n rr. Per "Martha": A5)E TIMBER, RED BEATS- AND BAT- ii • 1' long lencrthg the usual widths, 4. 3. oBri w2 inches thick. A choice cargo.—Ju:y, 1877. I SEfTEAL CARGOES EXPECTED To ARRIVE WINDOWS. D-JORS, all sorts of MOULDINGS, Angle Beads, &c.. manufactured on the premises. JONES AND GRIFFITHS, ABERDOVEY, YNYSLAS, AXD MACHYNLLETH. Orders to be sent to Aherdovev. Mi'ie-ir Y nyslas. October, 1877.