or general advertising chronicle for the Principality of WalesA weekly English language radical newspaper, established by John Lewis Brigstocke, John Palmer and others, which circulated around Carmarthenshire, Cardiganshire, Pembrokeshire, and generally throughout South Wales. The newspaper's main content included district news, but with a special focus on the agricultural and commercial industries of South Wales. Amongst the newspaper's editors were Hugh Carleton Tierney, S. W. Shearman and H. Ll. Lewis. From 1840 to 1942 the newspaper was known as 'The Welshman and general advertiser for the Principality of Wales' before reverting to its original title. Associated titles: The Welshman and general advertiser for the Principality of Wales (1840-1942).
The copyright status or ownership of this resource is unknown.
Published in Carmarthen by J. L. Brigstocke.
1835 - 1910 (2,068 available issues)
Date with single issue Date with multiple issues