and general weekly advertiser for the principality of WalesThe first weekly newspaper to be published in Wales. It was established by George Haynes and L. W. Dillwyn in 1804, to help promote Swansea's commercial growth. It circulated the principal towns of South Wales, the West of England, and largely in America, India, and the British Colonies. The newspaper's main content included local and general news, but also advocated mining, agricultural, and commercial interests. It was owned by Cambrian Newspapers Co. (ca. 1895-), but subsequently by South Wales Post Newspapers Co. (ca. 1906-). Associated titles: Herald of Wales and the Cambrian (1930-1932).
The copyright status or ownership of this resource is unknown.
Published in Swansea by Thomas Jenkins.
1804 - 1910 (4,094 available issues)
Date with single issue Date with multiple issues